Mining Affairs Forum
"Robin William's Peace Plan…and so much more"
Back in March of 2003, a very special peace plan was circulated over the Web and attributed to actor and comedian Robin Williams. I remember seeing it the first time and hoped that it was truly from him. Alas, only one piece was from him, but overall, this plan from an unknown source really has some merit. So much so, that I would like to "Play it Again" to our readers for their enjoyment and thought-provoking lunchroom discussions. Feel free to copy it for something more than lining a birdcage. I promise to let you know when we get to the real quote from Robin Williams:
"The Formerly Considered, now Unknown-Authored, Robin Williams Peace Plan"
(Starts here) You gotta love Robin Williams, even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message: "I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan.
- The U.S. will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past and present. You know-Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good ole boys.' We will never "interfere" again.
- The U.S. will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.
- All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days, the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are…they're illegal!! France will welcome them.
- All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.
- No foreign "students" over the age of 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.
- The U.S. will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy-wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy, but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.
- Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil-producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up their storage sites would be enough)
- If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.
- Ship the United Nations headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
- All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The language we speak is ENGLISH…learn it…or LEAVE…
Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?
This was an actual quote from Williams at the end of "the plan": The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?' "
I'd like to share two more things with our readers. One is a short byte about the bailout of General Motors and the other a part of an interview with Lt. Col. Oliver North.
First, the bailout: A new Treasury report said it now expects to lose $25 billion on the bailout of General Motors. So much for the "great success," eh?
Second, it was 1987. Lt. Col. Oliver North was testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration. Now, stay with me-it will be worth reading to the end! North was being drilled by a senator. (S=Senator, N=North)
S: Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?
N: Yes, I did, sir.
S: Isn't that just a little excessive?
N: No, sir.
S: No, and why not?
N: Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir.
S: Threatened? By whom?
N: By a terrorist, sir.
S: Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?
N: His name is Osama bin Laden, sir.
S: (At this point the Senator tried to repeat his name several times, but couldn't, as it was not a well-known name back then) Why are you so afraid of this man?
N: Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of.
S: And what do you recommend we do about him?
N: Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate Him and his men from the face of the earth.
S: The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the video clip that was and is available to view.
By the way, that senator was Al Gore!
A terrorist pilot named Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners." However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands. The American president at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released. Thus, Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the U.S. by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the U. S. from all later reports.