Advertise with Us!
Because we publish only 6 times a year, our coverage is more in-depth than other papers. We also feature coverage on companies that service the mining industry. Circulation includes sending the Miners News to paid subscribers and complimentary mailing to Manufacturers, Suppliers and Service Companies. The paper goes directly to Purchasing Managers at their operations and key locations. The list is put together from listings in the annually published Mining & Aggregates Directories.
Each issue of Miners News is also distributed at between 4 and 7 Trade Shows and Association Meetings for the Mining & Aggregates Industries. This offers the advertiser a much longer extended amount of exposure over a 2-month period of time for each edition.
Over 70% of our advertisers maintain their advertising plans with Miners News and the Directories throughout the year as an integral part of their advertising strategies.
Advertisers are encouraged to send their News Releases. We place your releases on the same page or very near the page where your ad appears. Pictures are welcome with the releases and draw the eye. This helps increase your advertising exposure space at no additional cost.
Links to Advertisers are posted on the Web site in the Professional Directory.
- Website Display Banner
- Website/E-Mail Directory
- Professional Directory
- Classified Listings
- Single Issue
(2 Months of Coverage)
- 3 Issues
(6 Months of Coverage)
- 6 Issues
(12 Months of Coverage)
- Mining and Aggregates Directories
- Western Region
- Eastern Region
Interested in Advertising With Miners News?
Besides the trade shows listed in our Editorial Calendar, the Miners News is sent to Manufactures, Suppliers & Service companies. As well as, paid subscribers and mining operations through out North America.
This schedule is a tentative listing of the known events at this early date2014 Editorial Calendar
Ad Space Deadline: January 17, 2014
Ad Copy Deadline: January 24, 2014
SME (Society of Mining Engineers)**
ConExpo-ConAgg 2014 **
PDAC (Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada)
The World Truck Show (NTEA)
Ad Space Deadline: March 21, 2014
Ad Copy Deadline: March 28, 2014
Coal Prep 2014 **
Alaska Miners Association—Fairbanks
Best in the West-Blasting Conference
Eastern Coal Council
National Western Mining Conference
CIM (Canadian Mining Institute)
SME 2014 Duluth Conference
Ad Space Deadline: May 16, 2014
Ad Copy Deadline: May 23, 2014
Elko Mining Expo **
Wyoming Mining Association
Rocky Mtn. Mineral Law Foundation
Rocky Mtn. Coal Mining Institute
Ad Space Deadline: July 18, 2014
Ad Copy Deadline: July 25, 2014
Nevada Mining Association
Utah Mining Association
Illinois Mining Institute
Uranium Symposium & Trade Show
Hard Rock & Aggregates Edition
Ad Space Deadline: September 19, 2014
Ad Copy Deadline: September 26, 2014
Alaska Miners Association – Anchorage
New Mexico Mining Association
Manitoba Mining & Mineral Association
California Construction & Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA)
Ad Space Deadline: November 14, 2014
Ad Copy Deadline: November 21, 2014
American Exploration & Mining Association **
Kentucky Blasting Conference
Mineral Exploration RoundUp 2015
Power-Gen 2014 ISEE (International Society of Explosive Engineers)
We can receive electronic files in the following applications:WINDOWS
- Adobe InDesign 3.0 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Illustrator 11 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Photoshop 8.0 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or lower (pdf) *
* Adobe Acrobat files must be distilled with “Press Optimized” Settings, all fonts must be EMBEDDED
PREPARING FILES: To avoid reproduction problems and additional charges:
- Include all printer and screen fonts and supporting postscript fonts and graphics with your ad file. If fonts are not included, we reserve the right to substitute fonts that closely match the original.
- Ensure all color is converted from RGB to CMYK and/or is set for process separation (CMYK printing).
- Confirm that the file is prepared to the size that is booked.
- If the ad is to print black & white, confirm that all color graphics have been changed to Grayscale.
- Allow 20-30% for dot gain in midtones and tritones.
- Graphics and Scans should be at 300dpi and saved in an appropriate format.
- JPEG compressed files are NOT the preferred format for printing. They may be acceptable if they are not highly compressed and the resolution is 300dpi or higher. The JPEG format compresses files by throwing away data. High compression and/or low resolution will result in jagged images and text.
- TIF(F) format is acceptable. Do NOT use compression when saving in the TIF format.
- GIF’s are NOT acceptable for publication (see above for acceptable formats).
Please include a plain text file that lists all the files/formats/fonts included when sending via email/FTP. Please fax a hardcopy of ad to Sales Rep/Art Director or send one along with your disk. Please relay the method and time of transmission of your files to your Sales Rep so we may know where and when to expect your files.
Intellectual Property Rights: The Miners News retains all of the intellectual property rights to an advertisement produced by the Miners News for the advertiser, and the advertiser agrees that such advertising may not be reproduced without the express written consent of the Miners News.
Note: Proof charges will apply. Any technical corrections or author’s corrections will be charged at the rate of $50.00 per hour.TRANSPORT MEDIA ACCEPTED / MODES OF DELIVERY:
- 3.5” HD Floppies (PC)
- 100 Mb Zip Disks (PC)
- CD Rom (ISO 9660 format)(PC)
- Email: Up to 10Mb in size; send to email@example.com.
- Compress all files (.Zip) before emailing them.
- Do NOT send self-extracting files (.exe).
- Please name your files to indicate the ad being transmitted.
For additional information on Advertising with Miners News, E-Mail or Call us today! Advertising is an Investment in Selling, not an Expense