to Submit Electronic Files
We can receive electronic files in the following applications:
- Adobe InDesign 3.0 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Illustrator 11 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Photoshop 8.0 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or lower (pdf) *
* Adobe Acrobat files must be distilled with “Press Optimized”
fonts must be EMBEDDED
PREPARING FILES: To avoid reproduction problems and
- Include all printer and screen fonts and supporting postscript
fonts and graphics with your ad file. If fonts are not included, we
reserve the right to substitute fonts that closely match the
- Ensure all color is converted from RGB to CMYK and/or is set for
process separation (CMYK printing).
- Confirm that the file is prepared to the size that is booked.
- If the ad is to print black & white, confirm that all color
graphics have been changed to Grayscale.
- Allow 20-30% for dot gain in midtones and tritones.
- Graphics and Scans should be at 300dpi and saved in an
- JPEG compressed files are NOT the preferred format for printing.
They may be acceptable if they are not highly compressed and the
resolution is 300dpi or higher. The JPEG format compresses files by
throwing away data. High compression and/or low resolution will
result in jagged images and text.
- TIF(F) format is acceptable. Do NOT use compression when saving
in the TIF format.
- GIF’s are NOT acceptable for publication (see above for
Please include a plain text file that lists all the
files/formats/fonts included when sending via email/FTP. Please fax a
hardcopy of ad to Sales Rep/Art Director or send one along with your
disk. Please relay the method and time of transmission of your files
to your Sales Rep so we may know where and when to expect your files.
Intellectual Property Rights: The Miners News retains all of
the intellectual property rights to an advertisement produced by the
Miners News for the advertiser, and the advertiser agrees that such
advertising may not be reproduced without the express written consent
of the Miners News.
Note: Proof charges will apply. Any technical corrections or
corrections will be charged at the rate of $50.00 per hour.
TRANSPORT MEDIA ACCEPTED / MODES OF DELIVERY:
- 3.5” HD Floppies (PC)
- 100 Mb Zip Disks (PC)
- CD Rom (ISO 9660 format)(PC)
Email: Up to 10Mb in size; send to
- Compress all files (.Zip) before emailing them.
- Do NOT send self-extracting files (.exe).
- Please name your files to indicate the ad being transmitted.